Amanda and Steve Rushton
I think this pic could be in a teen magazine or somethingDallas and I took the kids to California last weekend for a much needed family vacation. It was more incredible than words can express! We played together, we made good memories, we grew to love each other more, the whole nine yards.
We arrived at our hotel at around 3:00pm, checked in and promptly changed into our swimsuits and hit the pool. After a couple hours in the water we took a stoll down the street to find a place to eat. Afterwards we just hung out in the hotel room and played games. (Isn't the hotel room one of the most exciting places on vacation according to a child anyway?)
Day two began with Disneyland. It was Alexis' birthday so she got a fun pin to wear all day that said it was her birthday. As we were waiting to get in, an employee came up to Alexis and said, "Hey birthday girl! You wanna open up Disneyland today?" She agreed and then she got to push the button to open the gates, start the music and the announcements. How exciting! (fairly anticlamatic in reality but awesome bragging rights!)
We were able to hit all the rides we wanted to and repeat the ones we liked. At the end of the day there was a good concert by Steve Rushton from the Disney Channel. Even if I have been 21 for a few years and I am not as hip as I once was, he sounded very good. The older kids had fun watching him and interacting with him. Ash fell asleep right in front of the huge speakers during the concert and when it came time to leave the park he slept walked the entire way to the car.
Day three was spent sleeping in, enjoying a slow breakfast and then a miraculous day at Manhattan beach. The weather could not have been better if I had custom ordered it! At one point I fell asleep on the beach under our umbrella with a cool breeze blowing. The only thing missing was a coconut cup with a little umbrella and straw. The boys played in the water and sand all day while the girls collected sea shells for their new beach themed bathroom and then they played in the water. We also walked through a small aquarium on the pier. It was very very small but something interesting to do. Couldn't beat the price- free!
By 5:00pm the kids were all wiped out. We went back to the hotel and they all wanted to take a shower. That in of itself was unusual. Then they all got in their pajamas without being asked (at 6:00pm!!!) and crashed on the beds. Aiden asked me, "Mom, do we have to go out to dinner tonight? Can we just have it delivered here?" Dallas and I found a McDonalds, dropped it off to them then he and I went out for a date to Olive Garden. Yum!! By the time we returned, all five children were sound asleep. Sounds cheezy, but it was a perfect ending to a perfect day.
I can't wait to go back!
4 comments:
Sounds like lots of fun!! I can't wait until my kids are a little older and I want to take them!! :)
What a great vacation! I am so glad you guys had a wonderful time and returned safely.
What a fun trip! I am glad you had so much fun on a well deserved vacation.
Looks like you all had fun! I always think it would be nice to have a beach in AZ, where it was hot enough to enjoy the water! (It felt like that in Mexico) California is always too cold for me to get wet. I tell myself it's a beach you look at.
Post a Comment