Friday, May 22, 2009

Funny Mess


This morning Alexis was chopping onions from our garden so we could dehydrate them. All of a sudden the spring inside of the chopper popped and the chopper shot out of her hand. The blade portion flew across the kitchen counter and punctured an unopened can of Diet Coke sitting on the counter. The can exploded and started spinning on the counter. When I went to grab it, it shot off the counter and landed on the floor. That agitated the can even more and it began spinning in circles again. By the time I ran around the counter to get it there was pop on EVERYTHING in my kitchen- the walls, the cupboards, the appliances, pictures, ME AND MY KIDS, the onions we were chopping, the floor, EVERYTHING! As I was mopping I even found drops of pop in front of my back door- about twenty feet away. It was a huge mess but we were all laughing. The kids were really good about helping me clean it all up and it will be something to remember for a long time.

2 comments:

katielyn said...

Oh my gosh! That sounds like something that would happen to me! Boy, do I have some stories to tell about stuff like that happening- except it's usually when I'm in a hurry to run out the door! Thanks for sharing!

ashley kelepolo said...

I can't even believe that! Crazy! Sounds like a fun growing up story! I love good ol memories especially of working!