Saturday, May 9, 2009

Couples Dinner Tutorial

I am excited to be hosting a class at my house on June 27th and am curious who would want to come. It is just for fun and to learn some new cooking skills. If you are interested in the following, please let me know.

My chef friend, Stephanie Peterson, is going to be coming to give a private lesson on 30 minute dinners. These aren't just your average dinners- she was the head chef at the Phoenician! The menu hasn't been finalized, but check out some of the possibilities (the last one is my favorite!):

http://cheftessbakeresse.blogspot.com/2009/03/french-onion-orange-chicken.html

http://chefstephanie.multiply.com/journal/item/94/Toasted_Pepper_Pecan_Brie_with_Garlic_Croutons

http://cheftessbakeresse.blogspot.com/2009/01/sundried-tomato-blush-sauce-and-pasta.html

The class will be for 4-8 couples and you will eat a 3 course meal throughout the evening, plus learn how to make it for your family another day. My friend is a riot and I guarantee you will have plenty of laughs and good company throughout the evening. The cost is $40 per couple, about the same as what you would pay if you were to go out to a decent restaurant on date night. You will also leave with the recipes, tips, and any leftovers that we may have. She will not be selling anything, just coming as our own private cooking tutor. WAY better than anything Food Network can put out!

So far Holly and Paul Stetka, Kade and Heidi Miller and Dallas and I will be there. My mom said she might want to grab a friend and join us as well. I am looking for one to four more couples. If you would like to come, please let me know ASAP. It is going to be a blast!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds fun. I would totally join you if I lived there!