Sunday, May 17, 2009

Catching Up

Aiden and Cassidy playing Wilbur and Charlotte
Ash and his kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Okonowski (yeah, try saying that as a kindergartener with a lisp and a missing tooth)

Ash and me at Amazing Jake's for his 6th bday


Well, it has been a wild few weeks. I never knew May was so hectic until I had five children in school. Between graduations, end of the year concerts, award ceremonies, parties, field trips, orientations for next year and the ever present baseball games, violin lessons and YW, we have had something almost every night for three weeks now. That isn't a complaint- I am glad my children are active and succeeding at the various events they are involved in. I will just be glad when we can breathe again too.

Let's see... first, Aiden's play is over. He did an AMAZING job! I don't just say this because he is my kid, but the audience was cracking up at him. The entire row behind me had tears in their eyes because they were laughing so hard. I can't nail down exactly what he did that was so great, just his little mannerisms and various ad libs, I guess. Anyway, it was a blast watching him and I am very very proud of all of his hard work and the end results.


Next, Ash is graduating from kindergarten. My baby. I can't say I am sad, but it does feel like part of our lives is ending. I am glad we are starting so many new things this next year because it takes the sting out of losing the last little bit of "little kidness" (is that a word?).


Thirdly, Amanda is graduating junior high and is off to high school. She made the principal's list this last quarter and we couldn't be happier for her. She has come so far and continues to impress us with her determination to get everything right- both in school and at church. Her Personal Progress is coming along quickly and I expect she will finish within the next year or 18 months (for those of you not of our faith, the Personal Progress program is a goal setting program, similar to the Boy Scouts. The culmination is a Young Womanhood Recognition Award that would be the equivilant of earning an Eagle Scout award. It requires many many hours of hard work, planning, volunteering and personal growth).


While I am talking about Amanda, I have one funny story. Next year she is taking guitar and she told me that she doesn't really need lessons because she already knows how to play it. She said she can strum it, she just needs to learn the notes. Yup. You already know it all girl! Yes, she is a typical teenager-know-it-all.

I took my biology final yesterday and am relieved to be finished with it. I still have microbiology going on and will continue with that until the end of July. My work and school position is kind of up in the air right now. I am losing most of my daycare in the fall due to them entering kindergarten, either full or part time. Then today I received notice that the two children I was planning on watching full time next year will not be here because their mom just got laid off from work. That leaves me watching four children part time and no children full time. I am hesitant to take on any others because I just don't know when I am going to be called up for nursing school- it could be three months, it could be a year. I am just going to take things a day at a time for a while.

I think that just about covers it. I am so glad life is busy! Heavenly Father has blessed me with a wonderful family and a great life. I couldn't ask for more.

No comments: