
It is almost 4am and I am forcing myself to write in the blog right now. I wish I had something fun and exciting to write about but I just don't. We are pretty boring. The only major thing coming up is school. The kids start back in a week and I start at the end of August. (Well, I finish the summer semester in two weeks then start up again at the end of August.)
Alexis and Aiden got their teacher assignments this past week and are excited to start at Queen Creek middle school. It will be a new adventure for everyone since they are changing the school to a 5th and 6th grade school from a 6th-8th school. Aspen and Ash are meeting their new teachers soon too. Ash is in Ms. Self's class and Aspen is in Mr. Jeffers. There was a little drama getting Aspen a teacher that I felt would be good for him but I feel content about him being in Mr. Jeffers class. He seems like a good teacher. I don't know much about Ms. Self but I have heard she is a loving teacher, just what Ash needs. Amanda starts at the high school this year and she is both excited and nervous. Who didn't feel that way the summer before high school? I am glad she is taking seminary and hope she will learn a lot about our church and heritage by taking it.
As for my schooling, I am taking classes at ASU and am VERY excited about it. It has been 13 years since I have been in a classroom setting and am finding myself anxious to get started. My class load for the fall will be a math class, democratization, diversity in cultures and Japanese history class.
With the exception of the math class, all my classes this semester are in compliance with my requirement to take ten credits of "culture" classes. The classes I had to chose from were kind of a joke. Some of the classes options I had were gay and lesbian rights, the struggle of illegal immigrants in the US, African American history, Wealth Distribution, Chinese American history and Women in the 19th century West. I chose the ones that seemed the least driven by political agendas. Seriously, even if I am educated in wealth distribution or the plight of illegal immigrants into America, is that going to make me a better nurse? In a hospital setting I will treat every person the same. The human body is the same, no matter if it is a Mexican body, a poor body, a rich body or a lesbian body. I will be performing the same procedures regardless of who or what the person is. Grr... All to get a little piece of paper to hang on my wall that says I went to school.
No comments:
Post a Comment