
This past weekend Dallas and I celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary. We celebrated by taking the entire family (including all three grandparents) to the park at Anthem. The afternoon passed peacefully while we played Scrabble, ate some lunch, rode bikes, napped and played on the playground. I couldn't have asked for a better, more relaxing day!
In honor of our 13 years together, here are 13 memories of that wonderful day and 13 things we enjoy doing with each other today.
13 Memories of our wedding day
1. the temple lawn was being fertilized so the grass wasn't green- it was black.
2. Dallas' wedding ring was late- the jeweler met us at the temple!
3. We didn't have a reception line- I hate them. We just walked around and visited with friends.
4. I wore a burgundy crushed velvet dress to the temple and afterwards at the luncheon.
5. We were married in sealing room 4 (to the left of the staircase as you come downstairs)
6. I didn't cry at the wedding until afterwards when I hugged my sister.
7. My father-in-law and my brother Craig served as witnesses to the wedding.
8. We stayed at a Motel 8 on our wedding night then left early in the morning for our honeymoon in the white mountains.
9. My reception colors were burgundy and green.
10. I felt like a princess!
11. My sister was having a miscarriage on my wedding day but didn't tell me until years later because she didn't want to ruin my day (she attending all the day's events like nothing happened). Now THAT is sacrifice! What a sweetheart!
12. My heart was about to beat out of my chest before the actual ceremony.
13. I remember thinking, "I am the luckiest girl in the world! This day is the best ever! Nothing will ever go wrong!"
13 Things Dallas and I enjoy doing together
1. holding hands in church
2. window shopping at Home Depot
3. Going to Sonic during happy hour (Dr. pepper for him, Diet Cherry Coke for me)
4. taking long drives
5. Staying up late at night after the kids go to bed
6. attending the temple
7. going out to dinner
8. bottling/canning things from our garden
9. playing Scrabble
10. lying outside at night with the kids on a blanket to look at the stars
11. yardwork
12. playing Hand and Foot (a family card game)
13. giving each other our own little secret "I love you" sign. (I am sure you have seen us do it because we do it all the time but I bet you don't know what it is!)
2 comments:
Congratulations for 13 years! Oh, and I only had a reception line at my wedding for about 15 minutes because I hate them too!
Love the comments- what a great idea! 2,5, 10 sounded like they were from my special day!
Post a Comment