Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas Goal

What started out as a school project has turned into a family goal. I wanted Alexis and Aiden to memorize something for school and as I began looking for poems I felt worthy to spend time memorizing I came across "The Living Christ". I began to study it and found it is basically broken down into two parts- the birth and life of Christ and then the death and resurrection. It was as if a light bulb went off in my head and I thought- "Hey! They can memorize THIS!" Then as I did more research I realized Alexis needs to memorize it for her personal progress anyway. It somehow turned into a family goal to memorize the first half before Christmas because that is what it talks about, and then we will memorize the second half before Easter.

All of the kids are doing GREAT at memorizing it. So far we have the first two paragraphs down and are into the third. There are four paragraphs in the first half so we have some work to do this week but we can do it. Ash and Aspen's goal is to memorize only the first and fouth paragraph but if they get the second and third they will get an extra surprise!

No comments: