Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Second Time Around


I started microbiology this week. Again. I took this class a few months back but ended up failing it because I couldn't keep up and the drop date had already passed. At the time I was taking 12 credit hours, working full time, Dallas had gotten laid off and my mom had just had surgery so I was taking care of her around the clock. Toss in five kids, scouts, YW, sports, a primary chorister calling, housework and all that goes along with being a mom and I just couldn't do it anymore. Failing grade or not, I simply couldn't keep up. I chose the class that was the hardest and quit working on it. (Luckily the school was understanding when I explained my circumstances and allowed me to keep my financial aid, even though I took an F in the course. They are even paying for me to take it a second time. HURRAY!)

Things are a little less busy in my life right now. I still have all the normal things but my mom doesn't need care anymore, Dallas is working and I am only taking 8 credit hours instead of 12. My other class will be finishing in three weeks so I just need to hang on until then. In the mean time, this blog is going to be fairly quiet. See you in a month!

5 comments:

Lori said...

You are amazing! Good luck - I don't envy you at all! Let me know if you need some down time at all. I am always up for a Sonic run.

Beth said...

Arggh!! I hated micro too, but you'll get through it. Hang in there, this too shall pass, and it will be worth it! Love ya!

Theresa said...

You are Super-Woman! I'm impressed, even though you got an F. You'll do great the "second time around"!!! Good job! :-)

shanfran said...

Wendy, I still don't know how you do it! I tell all my coworkers about the amazing woman who watches my kids, plus 5 others, and has 5 of her own, and manages to stay up until 2:00 in the morning studying for college classes. Nobody around here has that kind of energy. Maybe you could make some money off of bottling up your energy and selling it - if you figure that out in microbiology, let me know; I'll buy some!

ashley kelepolo said...

EWWWHH! I hated Microbiology! It is a hard class and I can't beleive you are doing it along with everything else. I guess you have to do what you have to do! You can do it, I know you can! Heavenly Father will help you. Good luck!