Friday, October 23, 2009

3 month catch up

I went to Bahama Bucks last night with some friends and one of them is a big time blogger. She inspired me to catch up with my blogging and to do better at following other people's blogs. (Step A-WAY from Facebook, Wendy!) It has been three months since I last blogged so here is a short recap of what has happened in my life over that time. Fair warning- it isn't all that exciting. Try to stay awake.

Started school. LOVE IT! I am using my brain and getting out of the house. Just got my midterm exams back and got a B in a 300+ level Democracy class essay exam. Can you believe it? ME! Look out Palin- here I come! Japanese history is going good as is math and Culture Diversity.

Kids are all in school and extra curricular activities. This is what I spend every afternoon/evening running around to. The boys are all on different baseball teams (games 2 nights a week and practices two times a week), Alexis is in the town play, Willy Wonka, Amanda is in YW, Aiden is in scouts, Alexis goes to Achievement Days.

I got put in the Relief Society presidency. It is great to be out of primary but I worry that I am not doing a good job in RS. It seems like what I do matters a lot more there than it did as music leader in primary. Meeting new women and visiting with them is a lot of fun though and I am glad to be serving where I am serving.

Found two baby sulcata tortoises in our front yard. The kids have named them Tut and Tina and we love them!

Halloween is coming up. Dallas and I are going as Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee, Alexis is going as the Queen of Hearts, Aiden is going as a belly dancer (Yes, you read that right), Aspen is going as a toilet, Ash is going as the Shaggy Dog and I don't know what Amanda is going as. I am looking forward to it!

That's about sums the past three months up- school, kids and home. That's my life and I LOVE every minute of it.

1 comment:

Lori said...

So good to hear from you! I miss seeing you! I am sure you are doing an AWESOME job in RS. My favorite part was the visits too. Wow, you are taking some HARD classes. Keep it up, I am sure it will payoff. Love and miss you! Let's grab dessert one night! Maybe we will see you at the ballpark!