Tuesday, July 22, 2008

AGHHH!! Cut it out!



Next week being the first week of school, Dallas took all three boys to get their hair cut yesterday afternoon. All of them looked so handsome! They love the shop he took them to because when the haircut is finished, they put in this styling gel that turns their hair blue for the day. It looks pretty cool. Well, late in the evening I sent the kids to get ready for bed and Ash decided he wanted the blue out of his hair and instead of washing his hair, he CUT it out! I don't know what bothers me the most- the fact that he ruined a perfectly good haircut the week before his first day of kindergarten (so much for the cute pics) or the fact that I wasted $10 on a haircut that we only enjoyed for four hours.
We went back to the same barber school today to have them fix his hair and the first person I saw when we walked in the door was the owner. He had Ash go sit in a chair then called out the kid who cut his hair yesterday. I felt bad but laughed at the same time when the owner played a joke on the student, asking him why he had cut this little boy's hair like that. He told the student that I was back in there to complain about the cut. The kid's eyes kept darting from me to Ash to the teacher and he was shaking his head denying that he had done such a horrid job. He was relieved when the teacher finally let him off the hook and said Ash cut it himself. The owner ended up buzzing his hair and while you can still see lines in his head where he is bald, it looks 100% better. Now he just looks like he has had brain surgery and has a couple bald white scars on his head.

5 comments:

shanfran said...

When you told me about Ash cutting his hair this morning, I thought that maybe, if it wasn't that bad, that I could help out by giving him a hair cut to try to even it out. But, you are definitely going to have to buzz it. Do you need to borrow some clippers? I have a Conair hair cutting kit with clippers and different length buzz combs.

shanfran said...

Hey, I just added a slideshow using Picasa. I can show you how I did it tomorrow morning if you want.

Wendy said...

Oh, how sad. Somewhere inside I was hoping people would say, "It's not that bad" even though it looks horrible. I guess this is just another rite of passage during the childhood years but I sure wish it would have happened at the beginning of summer instead of the end.

And yes, I would love for you to help me with the slideshow. Thanks!

LindaB said...

yep... No amount of combing was gonna help that :) I just hoped for your sake! Great story to tease him with when he gets all teenagery and serious!

Tiffernator said...

OH ASH!! oh my gosh! wow. haha thats so funny! he's so cute!!