Monday, July 14, 2008

July 14, 2008


This evening we took the boys and Amanda to the store to buy school shoes. Alexis was at her other home (AKA Hailey's house) for the night so she didn't get to go. After shopping we came home and had Family Home Evening. Tonight we talked about puting on the whole armor of God. It isn't always like this, but the boys were actually REALLY good! They participated in the lesson by both answering and even asking questions, they sang and didn't get up to walk around at all. It totally made my day to be able to make it through an entire family home evening without anyone crying, pouting or me pulling my hair out because nobody is listening to the lesson. Thank heaven for small blessings.
At this exact moment, Kristin should be in town finally. My kids have been so excited for her family to move back home! Sunday morning I woke Aiden up and before he even opened his eyes or said good morning he asked me, "Are Jake and Ryan here yet?" He and our other boys can't wait to have a few more boy cousins to pal around with.

In my wildest dreams I would never have imagined that I would be raising turkeys and chickens. Growing up in Tempe I was involved in cheerleading, make up, friends and being popular. Fast forward a few years and here I am raising our Thanksgiving dinner and LOVING it! I know I sound like a dork, but I love these birds. They each have personalities and I feel like I am being productive everytime I recycle our paper shreds into the coop, feed them our scraps or collect eggs. So, enjoy today's picture of one of our turkeys. His name is Tom and I believe he is a Black Spanish Turkey. El nombre es Tomas. Es un muy guapo pavo, no?

2 comments:

shanfran said...

I can't believe you named one of your turkeys. Aren't you going to feel bad when you eat it????

Also, I rarely have evenings that David pays attention during prayer time. Most of the time he is bugging me to hurry up and finish so he can watch a movie. Hopefully he will get better over time...

Wendy said...

I only named him Tom because that is what all boy turkeys are called. All three of the turkeys are named Tom right now. If I start to find large eggs though I will need to change the name to Jenny. And nope, I won't feel bad at all. I will enjoy every tasty morsel or my dear little friend. mmm....mmm....mmm.............