Last night Ash and I were on our way to pick Alexis up from Amber Call's home and I saw a huge rattlesnake in the road just a second too late. We turned around to see if we had hit it and sure enough, the insides were spread all over the ground around it. The poor thing didn't even know what hit it. When we got to Alexis' friend's house, Ash jumped out and told Alexis what had happend. Of course she wanted to see it so we stopped to look at it on the way home. I pulled up right next to it and opened my door so we could get a closer look. I must have jumped a mile high though when it lunged up at the open door with its mouth open wide! I slammed on the gas and drove off the side of the road because it scared me to death! The insides were seriously all over the road so the last thing I expected was for it to lunge up at me. We peered back at it just in time to see it flop over onto it's back and give a final breath (I think) with its mouth open wide.
This morning Aspen walked though the house into the den where I was to show me a broken egg dripping between his fingers. "Look!" he said. "I found an egg!!...then I dropped it." He was so proud of finding his first egg and looked so cute that I simply congratulated him and wiped up the trail of egg.
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment