Saturday, January 17, 2009

Expounding on the layoff

I don't think Wendy has the emotional energy to put much effort into this posting, so I'll step in. Work at Schenker has been haltingly slow since right before Christmas and I've felt that this was probably coming a couple of weeks ago. So while I think it is no surprise to us, it does feel like another blow. Wendy made the comment last night that we make a good couple. It seems that when things don't go as planned, one of us is emotionally drained, and the other one does the cheerleading to pull us through. I guess this is my turn to cheerlead. While life would probably be simpilier if we could have just kept the course, we'll just simply have to change plans .... I think we are somewhere around plan G, H, or I. I don't quite recall, other than that plan B was exhausted some time ago.
So from here my plan is to try and garner more REO properties to tend to. Unfortunately for many people who are loosing their homes, the REO market seemes to not only be thriving, but picking up steam. This is where I'm looking for some help. If any of you happen to know a real estate agent who is listing foreclosure homes for a bank, I would love to talk with them about the prospect of performing the property's yard care needs.
And as always your thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated.
Dallas-

2 comments:

shanfran said...

We will keep you guys in our prayers (actually, you always are, but now we will be more specific). Have you made any progress through the SRP website? You can call us anytime to talk to Chris about that and his cell phone is 602-809-0926. Also, I will start hunting around to see if I know anyone to hook you up with more REO properties.

Priceless Heritage said...

Wendy! You are awesome and will get through this. Please let me know of ANYTHING I can do.