Monday, October 18, 2010

Week Two


Second week of home schooling. Alexis and Aiden finished reading Summer of the Monkeys. Friday they turned in a report on the author and it was uncanny how many similarities they have with the author. For example, he was home schooled by his mother. At around age 12 his family moved due to the recession and he was left with no friends. He thought most of the books his mom gave him were girly and didn't like reading until his grandma gave him a copy of Call of the Wild. Aiden told me he thought blogs were girly because you talk about "your thoughts and feelings" and oddly enough- we had already chosen Call of the Wild as our next book. I was glad to see both of the kids pointed out the similarities between themselves and the author.


Amanda received her patriarchal blessing last night. It was a good experience for her and I am happy she received it. I hope it will give her direction and comfort throughout her life.

No comments: