Monday, February 9, 2009

bedtime


Nothing much to post, I just thought this picture was sweet. Every night we read stories together in my bed and most nights the kids fall asleep before the stories are finished. This is what it looked like at our house last night- very typical. No matter what happens during the day I love quiet evenings on my bed because I don't have to share my kids with anyone or anything else; I don't share them with their friends, their teachers, their homework, sports or with the television. They are all MINE: to love on, tickle, cuddle with and just enjoy. Someday I know these evenings will end but for now, I relish this nightly blessing. That is enough to make me content.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Wendy, that is so sweet! I love how your little boy is sucking his thumb. What blessings!

Lori said...

What a great tradition! I love it! You are such a great mom!