Yesterday we went to Discovery Park and rode bikes down the hills. On one of the runs down, Alexis decided to do a sommersault over her handlebars! Ok, it was an accident, she isn't THAT daring. I was at the other end of the park and Hailey had to come find me. The poor thing- when I got to her she had grass in her hair, in her mouth, she had ripped her shirt open, banged up her side, face and arms. By the time we got back to the car her right wrist was completely swollen and was turning purple! We took her back to my sister's house and bandaged her up and the poor thing was shaking and white as a ghost. (She doesn't handle pain well BTW) This morning the swelling has gone down a lot on her wrist and while she is still sore all over, I think she will live to ride again another day. I don't think she will ever brave that hill again though.
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Do you think she broke her wrist? Poor thing!
No, it isn't broken. Thank goodness. When I checked it before bed this evening (Sunday) it was still swollen but she has almost full range of motion already. It is certainly sprained but not broken.
Post a Comment