Last night Aspen had his first grade production of "A Year With Frog and Toad". They did a great job. I love the fact that the elementary school does the musical productions in the high school auditorium rather than cramming into the elementary school cafeteria.
I don't know who that little boy up on the stage was who looked like my shy Aspen though. There was some little boy up there who was a total ham! He was silly and enjoyed himself immensely while on stage. Dallas was filming the entire play and was laughing so hard that he couldn't keep the frame still. I have never seen Aspen act that way before- making faces and singing to his heart's content. I don't know who had more fun- Aspen performing or us watching him.
Today Ash received the Student of the Month award in school. I am proud of how far he has come- from bringing pocket knives to school and coloring on rugs to being student of the month. His teacher said he is finally understanding what it means to be in school all day and how he should act. She complimented him on holding his pencil and crayons correctly and told everyone that his favorite time of the day is still naptime. I really do put him to bed on time but he just loves taking a nap every day. Don't you sometimes wish YOU could be a kindergartener again?
Friday, November 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good job Aspen! Great job in the play last night!
Post a Comment