Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I'm Thankful For...

I could dedicate an entire blog to the things I am thankful for but I can't do that in one sitting. So, here is my humble attempt to document 32 blessings our Heavenly Father has given me this past year (one for each of my own years).

1. the life, example and atonement of Jesus Christ
2. the scriptures that give me direction
3. a loving family (I guess I could list everyone individually to fill up #3-32 but I won't)
4. great friends and neighbors
5. memories- both fond that bring happiness and bad memories that remind me of lessons learned
6. the cute children I watch during the day
7. my chickens and cat
8. a washer and dryer
9. silly comment made by children that make me laugh
10. crunchy ice and styrofoam cups from Sonic
11. college grants that allow me to go to school
12. a warm bed to sleep in at night
13. hot chocolate
14. other people's blogs so I can keep in touch with them
15. trials in my life that bring about personal growth and learning
16. music
17. home movies
18. the smell of orange blossoms
19. Arizona sunsets
20. nearby family
21. prayer
22. laughter
23. movie theater popcorn
24. a healthy body
25. a free and great country
26. a dishwasher
27. a car that is paid off
28. cheesecake
29. good books
30. my children's good friends
31. visiting teaching/ visiting teachers
32. a home

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Wendy!
I love your blog. I am so glad you have one. I have been wondering what you have been up to. I am so excited for you that you were able to adopt. I know you had been thinking about that for a long time. I remember talking to you about it. I will be reading your blog often to see what you are up to. We should get together someday when we are in town. We will be in AZ for Christmas. Maybe we could get together then!
Keep in touch!
Jocelyn

Lori said...

Love your post, cute blog background! Happy Thanksgiving!