Inside the bird enclosure
Aspen and Ash enjoying the view
Aiden petting a hedgehog
Looking at the bird guide
this flock just roams the zoo
I didn't zoom in- this is how close it was.
Beauties!
Ash riding an elephant
The kids hangin' with the elephants
Ash checkin' out the tortise
Alexis trying to find the polar bear (darn, he was off display)
CHEEEEZE
What a lucky girl I am.
When I bought our season passes to the zoo, they came with season passes to the Tucson Zoo. Last weekend we decided to take advantage of that and took a road trip to Tucson. I must say, I LOVE that zoo! It is so nice! It is smaller than the Phoenix zoo but all of the animals are close and easy to see, much more so than the Phoenix zoo. Also, it is just plain pretty. All of the pathways are almost completely covered with trees so it is shady and cozy, like a walk in the park. When I think of walking around the Phoenix zoo I think of long sunny uphill walks between each enclosure. It is not like that at the Tucson zoo. It is almost continuous enclosures- no "empty" space. The bird enclosure was cool. You walked into a huge open cage, similar to what the birds are in in Phoenix. Then you pick up a bird guide with photos of all the different types of birds in the enclosure and go bird watching. They are all around you and close enough to touch. We had fun finding all the various breeds. There was also this fun classroom type building we went inside of where you could pet snakes and hedgehogs. I am sure they have different animals there each day but snakes and hedgehogs were out when we went. I would recommend this zoo to anyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment