Early this morning while it was still quiet at my house, I began working on my music lesson for Sunday. I thought it would be fun to find out which primary songs were favored among the leaders of our church.
While I was doing some research on the internet, I came across this youtube video on President Hinkley and it brought a smile to my face and a tear to my eye. Never before have I known such a humble, forgiving, upbeat, shining beacon of a person. From giving us the "Be's" to swinging his cane and poking people with it because his doctor said he needed to carry it (but never said he needed to use it to help him walk). You can't help but fall in love with this dear old man after listening to him, seeing all the good he has done and the positive influence he has had on millions of people around the world. Whether you are a member of my faith and just want to remember President Hinkley or whether you are a member of a different faith who simply wants to know a little bit more about this great Christ like person, take a minute to see this video. I know it will brighten your day like it did mine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DONH655IR1E
Also, some of my favorite quotes from President Hinkley:
"People wonder what we do for our women. I'll tell you what we do. We get out of their way and look with wonder at what they're accomplishing."
“Our lives are the only meaningful expression of what we believe and in Whom we believe."
"Under the plan of heaven, the husband and the wife walk side by side as companions, neither one ahead of the other, but a daughter of God and a son of God walking side by side."
On speaking of his wife who passed away: "Marjorie was the girl of my dreams. When she passed away, she became the girl of my dreams again."
"The best antidote I know for worry is work.The best medicine for despair is service. The best cure for weariness is the challenge of helping someone who is even more tired."
"It is within families that truth is best learned, integrity is cultivated, self-discipline is instilled, and love is nurtured."
"Tremendous happiness and peace of mind are the results of loving service to others. Nobody can live fully and happily who lives only unto himself or herself."
"Stand as followers of the Lord Jesus Christ, None of us will fully reach a stage where we can walk as He walked in this life, but we can work at it. "
"One of the greatest challenges we face in our hurried, self-centered lives is to follow the counsel of the Master "to do it unto one of the least of these my brethren". Take time today to reach out, to help someone less fortunate, to strengthen and lift a brother or sister in need."
Friday, November 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wendy, like you knew layout! Good idea to post your weight loss! You are doing awesome! I will miss our Saturday morning drives! Thanks for getting me started though.
Pres. Hinckley is one of my hero's! What an amazing man and example to everyone! I love the relationship between he and Sis. Hinckley had!
I cried this morning watching the video, he was such a huge impact on my life. I got to attend the conference where he annouced that the president had ordered a attack after september 11th.
Post a Comment