The economic crunch has hit out family. Dallas was laid off this morning along with 399 other people from the Morenci mine. I can't tell you how sad I am. Obviously I am sad because now he is unemployed, but because he had finally found something he REALLY REALLY liked. He loved working with all the machinery, the dynamics of the mine, just everything. I was so happy he had found a job which he loved going to every morning.
As for us, I am not sure where we are headed from here. Dallas is on his way home from the mine right now and we will talk more when he gets here. He said there is a mine in Nevada and one in Utah that are hiring. We'll see. My sister and a friend of mine are also looking for employment for him. There isn't any quick fix that anyone can do but if you would like to help us by praying in our behalf I would be forever grateful. My sister has already put our names on the prayer rolls in the temple. I know there is a purpose in everything, even if it is difficult to see God's wisdom in the trials he gives us. Besides praying that Dallas will find a job, I am praying that God will give me the strenth to see us through this period of our lives.
Monday, November 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am sorry things have gone bad, we will keep you in our prayers. Zac got some news that they laid off 4 people in his old department...so we are praying for Zac to at least be done with his schooling before anything happens, we are less than a year away from that goal!! We love you guys and hope things will go better for you!! :)
Ohh- I'm so sorry! Anything I can do please let me know. We are gearing up for a possible layoff too. Your family is in our prayers.
Post a Comment