Because Aspen's birthday is the day after Christmas, celebrating it with friends has always been tough. This year we decided to celebrate it a couple weeks early to avoid any conflicts and so Saturday Aspen and four friends went to the Phoenix zoo. They had a good time running around and being crazy- like all good seven year old boys.
On the way home we had the music cranked up in the van and all the boys were being rowdy (good, but loud). I heard Aspen ask me something from the back seat but couldn't understand him and asked him to repeat it. He did but I still replied "WHAT?!?!" Finally I turned down the radio and at that exact moment he shouts out "Is F_ _ _ K a bad word? Of course all the little boys in the car heard it and so I just calmly said, "Yes, it is a really bad word and we don't ever ever use it." "What does it mean?" He asked. Okay, what would you parents respond? I told him is was a mean way to describe something that grown ups do and that seemed to appease him. When I asked him where he heard that word he told me that the little boy sitting next to him in the back seat had just said, "Don't ever say duck with an F. It is a bad word." So, if you are reading this blog and your child was with us that day, I apologize if your son learned that word from Aspen.
2 comments:
My kids love it when I sing the Name Game song - you know, "Haley, Haley Bo-Bailey (which is why we call her Haley Bo-Bailey), Banana Fana Fo-Failey, Me My Mo-Mailey, Haley!" David always wants me to sing each family member's name, including the animals. So when we get to Tucker, I have to change the the Banana Fana Fo-F____er to Banana Lana Lo Lucker. He hasn't caught on to the fact that I change it yet- thank goodness!
Happy Birthday, Aspen! What a fun party, going to the ZOO!
Kids keep us on our toes! Glad you were the adult in the car!
Post a Comment