Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas Tree Lighting






My mom and I took the kids to the Queen Creek tree lighting last weekend at the new library. Boy was it different than last year! Last year we arrived five minutes before Alexis' group sang and still got front row seats. The only crafts they had were coloring sheets and some handprint reindeer. Fast forward twelve months and there are two different stages, booths all over the place, bouncies, a train ride, Santa, food vendors and the kids need tickets to make a craft. Overall it was nice but me personally- I prefer the old school, small town feel. This year it was a bit too commercial for me.
The one photo that needs explaining is Ash's sad face. He had already gotten his shoes off and was in line for the bouncie when I realized you needed a ticket to jump and I needed to BUY a ticket. No thanks. He was bummed he didn't get to jump.