Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Salt Dough Recipe

The back view of my ornament. The mitten on the left is not a salt dough ornament, just a neighboring ornament.
My cute salt dough ornament (except for her unsightly skin condition covering her face. Not sure what happened but it is a little discolored.)

Here is my salt dough recipe. It is so extremely easy and makes the best ornaments.

2 C Flour
1 C Salt
1 C water

Mix, roll out and bake at 325 for an hour and a half or until it is dry.

When I made them with my kids, we kept the dough plain and then painted the ornaments with paint. Then when I made them with my daycare children, we just added food coloring to the dough to make red ornaments. Use a straw to make the hole for the string. When you are finished you can cover it in a lacquer if you want but I didn't- they aren't THAT cute.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for that recipe. I am always looking for fun holiday things to do with my kids!

Lori said...

Awesome, thank you! I think we will do that tomorrow night or Sunday night! You are great!