Friday, October 10, 2008

Are the planets aligned or what?

For those of you who REALLY know our family, I have to tell you about the biggest shock to hit us this week or even this year. Just moments ago Dallas came into the kitchen to tell me he needed to go to the parts store to pick up some things for the van. Amanda heard him and asked, "Can I go?" My mouth literally fell open (luckily she didn't see). ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?! She willingly asked to go in a car, alone, with Dallas to the store- knowing full well there wasn't anything in it for her, knowing I wasn't going, knowing they weren't going to do anything else fun or anything. She simply WANTED to go with Dallas to the store. OH MY GOSH!! This is huge! This is definately a different girl than we brought home from Ukraine two years ago. THAT girl didn't trust Dallas enough to sit in the same room as him, she wouldn't look in his direction or acknowledge when he spoke to her. Days like this make me think we are getting somewhere and that this may actually work.

5 comments:

Rob said...

Awesome!! I really hope things really progress with her!!

Priceless Heritage said...

Wendy- I tried your blog awhile ago and it wouldn't work so I figured you went private and then meant to email you- well to make a long story short I gambled with looking again and sure enough it works- YEAH! So now I can keep up on the Brimhall Happenings. I have to say I'm jealous of your garden, chickens, and turkey's as I'm now going full force with this family preparedness stuff and have none of them. Someday I hope. Also, is your mom better? Congrats on the job at the mine! Congrats on the nursing news! Congrats on a your daughter's breakthrough!

Wendy said...

Hi Del- I was private, now I'm not, still trying to decide which way to go. Pros and cons to both. I have been noticing your preparedness things and want to go to your class. I loved it when I was the cannery specialist, I learned sooo much! My mom is a lot better now, thanks. She went to the doc again today for an MRI cuz they think she tore her muscle, requiring surgery to repair it. We'll see. Thanks on the mine, nursing and Amanda's congrats. We have had an exciting last few weeks.

shanfran said...

Prayers are beginning to be answered. I have really been praying hard for God to work in Amanda to allow her to let her guard down and become a part of your family. That is such great news! I will continue to keep her in my prayers.

Lori said...

Oh I am so happy! Hopefully things will continue to get even better! SO sad to hear your mom is still in pain and dealing with an injury.