Monday, October 27, 2008

Weekend Update

Whew! The primary program is finally over. If you were there on Sunday, I think you will agree with me that it was great! All of the kids were amazing- they sang, they remembered their parts and they were reverent through the entire program. Quite a feat considering there were 150 kids ages 4-11 sitting in the choir loft without their parents. I couldn't be prouder of them and we received numerous compliments that just made my day.

Dallas is doing good at the mine. He now has access to the internet so I will let him write his own posts about all the happenings there.

This weekend we worked on Halloween costumes. Alexis' turned out perfectly. She came to me last week and told me she wanted to be a toilet. A toilet?! In the end we cut a hole in a box for her head and painted it white. I then bought a toilet seat and toilet handle at Home Depot. We got a white pillow case and glued it to the bottom of the toilet seat so when she lifts the lid people can drop the candy in the toilet. It turned out pretty cute. Aiden is going to be a headless ghoul, Aspen a puppy dog, Ash is Frankenstein and Amanda is going as a man. I am going as a fat old lady with a puppy dog stuck between my backside cheeks. There is a Lost Dog sign that I carry too. Pretty funny!

Other events coming up:
We can't wait for the ward trunk or treat party. It is a chili dinner and should be a lot of fun.

On Saturday the boys and I are going to Las Vegas with my mom so we can be there for Kyle's wedding. It is always fun to get out of town but I do wish it were a different city we were going to. I hate Vegas. However, Kyle has found a wonderful girl and I am so happ for them! I wouldn't want to miss the wedding.

Of course, we can't forget Dallas and and my anniversary this Saturday. It has been twelve years that we have been married. What a lucky girl I am!! Kind of funny that he stays home while I go to Vegas on our anniversary, but that is just how it turned out. Sorry hun. It doesn't seem like we have been together 12 years, I guess that is a good thing. He is the sweetest husband ever and I am so blessed to be married to him.

Last but not least, my birthday is on Saturday! Yahoo!! Break out the cake! hahaha.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Great program-you did a wonderful job teaching our little ones those songs, thanks for your service.

Did I tell you I am grateful for your friendship? Thanks for always making time for me.

Let's do something fun for your birthday when you get back into town! Maybe a movie since dinner isn't too much fun now that we are counting points!

Rob said...

Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary!!