Wednesday, October 1, 2008

You may think I'm harping

If I offend any of my friends with this, I am sorry, but I feel strongly about prop 102 and I have a few more things to say about it.

I found a video that does a good job of explaining how same sex marriages WILL affect the average family in America. You may want to watch it. http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1352578267/bctid1784521903

It is no longer a matter of "what happens in your house will not affect me." If same sex marriage is legalized, it will then follow that schools can teach it as normal in schools. I personally do not want my children learning that with my tax payer money!

It also threatens religious freedom. In some states, the Catholic church has been forced to discontinue their adoption services. The gay rights groups have demanded the Catholic church quit discriminating against same sex couples in the adoption process, so, rather than adopt to same sex couples, NO adoptions will be perfomed through this reputible agency. How horrible! NO children will be adopted through the Catholic Adoption Services because other people have differing lifestyle views? What will be next? Will they be forced to allow gay priests into the clergy to avoid discrimination as well? Will they be forced to recognize and perform same sex marriages? I think of my own religion and temple. The wedding ceremony is so simple and beautiful as a man and woman kneel down across from one another at an alter. To imagine it desecrated by two men holding hands over it or two women being sealed together makes me physically sick to my stomach. We can't let that happen. Please spread the word.

If this were a simple matter of allowing gay couples to have a wedding ceremony, I would not be concerned. However, when THEIR behavior begins to affect MY children's education and how I want to worship, I have a big problem with that.

No comments: