Thursday, October 16, 2008

More Chickens on the Way

Yesterday I posted that we had extra eggs and today I ordered 25 more chickens. Am I crazy? No. I met a man who runs a country store in Mesa who is having difficulty keeping enough farm fresh eggs in stock and he is looking for another supplier. He told me he would purchase as many eggs as I could supply for him. I don't really think I will be making a whole lot on the deal but I have just really fallen in love with chickens and enjoy raising them. It has been an entire year now and the novelty has not worn out one bit. I find myself staying out there longer than I should every day, avoiding the chores that await me inside the house. Normally my chickens are a pretty quiet bunch (now that the rooster is gone) so when the weather is nice I enjoy just sitting on the wall outside their coop and watching them walk around, eat and lay their eggs. My newbies will be arriving November 19th, perfect timing because that is about when Tom is coming inside for Thanksgiving.

No comments: