Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Gotta Love Kids


If you are a parent, you know that when you hear a ton of laughter at a time that you wouldn't expect laughter, there is usually some sort of mess being made. Tonight at our home was no different. I had told the boys to hit the showers after soccer practice and playing at the park. A few minutes later I hear uncontrollable laughter eminating from the bathroom. I walked in to find Ash singing "This is the Be-st Day E-ver". He had gotten into my cotton balls, soaked them in the water and was tossing them onto the ceiling in the shower then both of the boys would laugh themselves silly.

I told him to get dressed then clean up the mess but he obviously couldn't reach the cotton balls already stuck to the ceiling so I was helping him sweep them off. Of course they couldn't just fall to the ground. Oh no. They were so filled with water that when I swatted them down with a broom (12 foot ceilings= me on my toes, swinging a broom wildly over my head) they splattered onto the wall causing even more uncontrollable laughter.

Some of you may remember an incident similar to this a few months ago. When I reminded the boys about it they corrected me saying "No Mom, that time we used toilet paper. This time he used cotton balls." Silly me for confusing the two.

No comments: