Monday, September 29, 2008
Ash learning about the penny
I forgot to post a funny story that happened at parent teacher conference. Ash's teacher said they were learning about the penny one day when she showed them the front of it and asked, "Who is this?" Someone said "Abraham Lincoln". They talked about him for a little while then they turned the penny over and she again asked, "What is this?" Ash boldly shouted out, "That's the Mormon Temple!" The teacher said there were other LDS kids in the class and they all started talking "Oh yeah, it is!" or "I went to the temple to see the Christmas lights." and "I saw the Easter Pagent" then "My sister got married in the temple", things like that. She said all the LDS kids got talking and comparing stories and she had a hard time getting the class back on track enough to tell them it was not the Mormon Temple but the Lincoln Memorial. Thanks for the disruption, Ash. I guess my religious training of the kids has overshadowed the American History training. Oops, one more parenting skill I need to brush up on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment