Saturday, September 20, 2008

Soccer Games and frustration

Alexis and Aiden had their soccer games today and they both played their vey best! Aiden had some amazing stops as goalie and Alexis improves with each game. I told the kids that if they scored a goal they wouldn't have chores for a week. Aiden came so so close but he will still be cleaning his room and all his other chores this week. His team started at a disadvantage because the team they played has been together for years and has been in this division for three years. They were huge! They scored twice on Aiden by kicking it into the upper corner of the goal both times- an area Aiden can barely reach. While he was on offense he looked like a little kid playing against a bunch of giants. Alexis was on defense the entire game so she didn't get a chance to score but next week she should get a chance.

Now for the frustration... I have been getting notices, class CDs and emails giving me information on my microbiology class starting on Monday the 22nd so I have had that date stuck in my mind. I went to the website yesterday to check on my English class because I hadn't heard anything and was horrified to realize it already started! I am a week behind.

Then this afternoon I drove into Tempe to take my entrance exam for nursing school (the only location that offers the test) and was told the test is only offered Monday through Friday during normal business hours. Ugh!! Now not only do I not get to take my test but I need to take off work to do it next week. I hate calling my daycare parents and telling them I need time off or that someone else is going to watch their kids. It is not like I can just call in sick because then I put five families in a bind at the last minute-not cool.

Finally, I went to the bookstore to pick up my books so I can cram for my first English test on Monday evening. Again- frustration!! They told me they are sold out of English books and will not have any until sometime after 3:00 pm on Monday. What?!?!

So, I am headed to Tempe on Monday afternoon to take a 3 hour test, get my English books and speed read four chapters before my test is due at midnight. Did I mention yet how much I love school?

On the brighter side, we just ordered pizza for the kids and as soon as it gets here Dallas and I are going on a date, to Wal-Mart of course.

1 comment:

shanfran said...

Your dates to Wal-Mart sound better than mine. At least you are not doing yard work! Don't worry about the kids on Monday. I will see my mom tomorrow morning since we go to church together, and I will ask her if she can pick David and Haley up on Monday afternoon and bring them home.

Hopefully you will have the peace of mind to pass your nursing exam, read your English chapters and pass your English exam all within the next 48 hours. I know that if anyone can do it, you can!