Monday, September 8, 2008
Remember
Last night I watched a special on the anniverary of September 11th. I remember it like it was yesterday, just as I am sure you do- remember where I was (home making breakfast), remember who told me to turn on the television (my mom), remember hugging my children closer than ever (did it again last night). I wish I were eloquent or mighty with the pen to write a fitting tribute to that day but I am not. All I can do is remember those who lost their lives that day, remember what we are fighting for, and pray for their loved ones who were left behind. They have now missed 7 birthdays, 7 Christmases, 7 anniversaries and countless mornings to say "I love you". May God bless them and bless us as a nation as we remember what we lost that September day.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDh_pvv1tUM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Chris and I have been watching a lot of tributes to 9/11 recently too. We were both in Chicago at the time and had to be evacuated because of threats to the Sears Tower. It was a day that I will never forget and I pray that all Americans will never forget.
Post a Comment