This morning about 7am, Aspen came in the house and casually said, "Mom, Grandma wants you." I asked where she was and he told me she was sitting on the driveway holding her arm. Then he ran off to play as if nothing were wrong. I ran outside to see what had happened and sure enough, my mom was sitting on the driveway crying because she had fallen and couldn't move her arm. She told me she tripped and fell and had been out there for about ten minutes face down and couldn't even roll over. Her biggest fear was that one of my daycare parents or one of my children would find her lying face down on the drive way and think she was dead. Her second biggest fear was that she had broken her brand new glasses. Isn't it funny what runs through your head? By the time I reached her she had been able to sit up but that was all she could do.
I called 911 and an ambulance and firetruck showed up a few minutes later. They checked her out and decided to take her to the hospital. I left most of my daycare children with Dallas, Amanda and Alexis while the baby and I followed the ambulance to the hospital. They ran tests and took some xrays. Thankfully, nothing was broken but she is very very bruised up and extremely sore. She can't move her arm a bit, she sprained a rib, banged up her knees and hurts everywhere. She completely fell-literally- flat on her face so everything just hurts all over.The doctor sent her home with some pain medicine and told her to lay off the high jumps and limbo for a while. I am just glad she is okay.
Monday, September 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So sorry to hear Grandma Bond fell and got hurt! Glad to hear she didn't break anything! Hope she was able to take it easy today! Love her- tell her hi and we love her!
Post a Comment