Monday, September 15, 2008

Troublesome Ash

I am at a loss as to what to do with Ash. He got in trouble at school AGAIN today. First it was the box cutter incident, then another day he wrote on his desk. A third day he wrote on some math instuments, day four he wrote on the rug and today he had to move two sticks for talking and being disruptive (equivalent to getting your name on the board with a check mark for you older folks). I really don't know what has gotten into him. Last week he told my mom that he didn't like her anymore because she wouldn't buy him a new toy. This is all so uncharacteristic of him! Where has my sweet little boy gone? I keep promising his teacher that he is a good kid and then he gets in trouble for something else. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Lori said...

Oh my, no idea! Nothing has changed in his little world has it? I would just try to talk with him, I am sure you have already tried that! I will think about this.

Great job with your talk Sunday! You both did a fabulous job!

Wendy said...

Thank you Lori. You are sweet. I hate speaking in sacrament meeting. Primary is more my speed and well within my comfort zone.

Yes, I have spoken with him- after each time he got in trouble. Both his teacher and I have noticed that when he gets upset he vents by scribbling. He did it again this morning- all over his homework. Perhaps I just need to invest in a white board and erasable markers.