Monday, September 29, 2008

Fun Weekend







This past weekend was completely crazy busy but it was also a lot of fun.


Friday morning Alexis and Aiden both received awards at school. Aiden received "High Honors" for getting 90-95% on all of his school work and Alexis received a citizenship award along with "Principal's List" for receiving 95-100% on all her school work. Way to go!

Friday evening Aspen went to a birthday party for a classmate. I went a few minutes early to pick him up and noticed the poor dad was running around doing the party alone- the child's mom wasn't there. The dad told me the mom was in the hospital because she ust delivered a baby that morning. They didn't cancel the party because they didn't know who the boy had invited. He had just handed out invitations at school. I began talking to another gentleman there and found out he lives in Safford and works at the same mine Dallas just got a job with. I had an interesting conversation with him. They also know my aunt, uncle and cousin who live in Safford. Small world.

Saturday we had soccer games. Aiden scored his first goal of the season. They won 9-1. Alexis was voted player of the game. Awesome!

After soccer we raced to another birthday party at Polar Ice in Gilbert. What fun! Alexis had a blast with her friends and while Aiden and Ash didn't get to skate, they enjoyed the Zamboni. What boy wouldn't?

Aspen enjoyed the day fixing the car with Dad. He loves working with his hands and figuring things out. Dallas does too so they are great together on things like that. The highlight for Aspen was going to the salvage yard. What a treat!

Sunday Alexis and I decorated cupcakes to look like cats with fishbones on their bellies. I think they turned out adorably. What do you think? They were a lot easier than they look.
Today we are packing the kids up because they are going to the mine with Dallas tomorrow. After he is doing with his testing and meetings, they are going fishing and whatever else they can find to do up in the mountains. They won't be back until Thursday evening. YAHOO!! I get three days to myself. Anyone up for a girl's night out?

No comments: